Part of the Walk This Play® series by ThickSkin, supported by The Old Courts.
The memories of Wigan are waiting for you. Listen closely to the sounds around you, find the voice of your guide and the memory will become clearer.
Welcome to the in between. A place where all our memories are stored. Hear that sound? Distant and muffled. The memories of people past and present. Feel the gentle rumble under your feet? This pavement h olds a history.
This Is Where We Begin takes you on a journey around Wigan Town Centre. It has been developed by a group of local young creatives alongside ThickSkin’s Artistic Director, Neil Bettles, and Associate Director, Joseph Walsh, as a celebration of the town’s past, present, and future.
A 40 minute walking experience in Wigan
Suitable for ages 12+
HOW DO I EXPERIENCE THIS?
You’re almost ready to begin your journey…
The walk starts at the top of King Street, outside The Berkeley opposite PopWorld.
You are welcome to take part as many times as you choose.
For FAQs visit www.thickskintheatre.co.uk/walkthisplay and scroll to the bottom of the page.
Instructions for Walk This Play® listeners
• The App is optimised for the following operating systems: Android - version 6.0 or later / iOS version 12.0 or later.
• In the Walk This Play® App, download your selected walk. Make sure you download the walk while still connected to wifi, before you set off.
You’re ready to go:
• Keep your GPS and wifi enabled.
• Follow the instructions given by the narrator. As you follow the guided route you will trigger
new chapters in the story.
• The route begins at the top of Kings Street, outside Popworld.
• When you start the walk, you will see your current position as a blue dot on the map.
• Each walk lasts around 45 minutes (depending on your speed) with some inclines, but no
• The walk will wait for you and can be enjoyed at your own pace.
• As this is an audio experience, D/deaf audiences can choose to use the in-app captions.
• Visually impaired audiences may need a walking companion for safety with crossing roads.